Effective as from March 1, 2005
Revised in August 1, 2006
Revised in February 10, 2016
Handling of Personal Information
Incorporated Foundation Oriental Life Insurance Cultural Development Center (hereinafter call as "Foundation") takes the privacy of personal information (hereinafter called as "Information") (The personal information is defined in the article 2 (1) of "Act on the Protection of Personal Information" and the article 2 (3) of "Act on the Use of Numbers to Identify a Specific Individual in Administrative Procedure" (hereinafter called as "Act on My Number") including the specific personal information defined in the article 2 (8) of Act on My Number.) seriously and is solely responsible for appropriate use of Information, keeping its accuracy and secrecy in compliance with the following policies.
- Purpose of Use
Foundation would collect and administrate necessary and beneficial Information for widely contributing to the sound development of life insurance business in Asian regions. However, Foundation would never disclose Information provided for operating the entrusted business to the third party.
Moreover Foundation would collect and administrate the individual number and the specific personal number for the purpose of managing affairs related to the individual number defined in Act on My Number.
- Limitations of Information
Foundation would acquire Information of an identifiable individual who is concerned with the activities of Foundation (hereinafter called as "Specified Person"), such as, name, birth day, gender, telephone number, and also acquire necessary information for Foundation's activities (ex. health condition, company address).
Moreover, Foundation may handle the sensitive information (ex. name of illness, medical record, life-style) retained by the entruster as for the entrusted business. Moreover Foundation would acquire the individual number and the specific personal number limited to the cases of managing affairs related to the individual number defined in Act on My Number.
- Collection Method
Foundation would acquire Information in an appropriate and fair manner in accordance with the laws.
[Main methods of collection]
Application form of seminars, Questionnaire, Internet, Fax, Telephone, Interview, etc.
- Administration of Information
Foundation would endeavor to maintain the correctness and recency of Information on Specified Person within the scope necessary for the achievement of the Purpose of Use specified under the Article 1, and would take necessary and proper measures for safety administration of Information on Specified Person.
- Restriction of Provision to Third Parties
Foundation would never provide any Information on Specified Person to the third party, except in the following cases:
- Cases in which the handling of Information is based on laws
- Cases in which the handling of Information is necessary for the protection of the life, body, or property of an individual and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person
- Cases in which the handling of Information is specially necessary for improving public hygiene or promoting the sound growth of children and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person
- Cases in which the handling of Information is necessary for cooperating with a state institution, a local public body, or an individual or entity entrusted by one in executing the operations prescribed by laws and in which obtaining the consent of the person might impede the execution of the operations concerned
- Cases in which the handling of Information is necessary for collecting or using the sensitive information such as an affiliation or entry to the political organizations, religious organizations or labor unions, and for providing sensitive information to the third party within the scope necessary for carrying out the clerical matters on withholding tax, or other deductions at the source of income.
- Cases in which the handling of Information is necessary for collecting or using the sensitive information, or for providing sensitive information to the third party within the scope necessary for carrying out the proper transfer of rights and obligations in the process of inheritance.
- Cases in which the handling of Information is necessary for identifying Specified Person by using the informational biometric identification as sensitive information with the consent of the Specified Person.
- Disclosure, Modification, Suspension, etc. of Retained Personal Data
Foundation would disclose, modify and suspend the retained data of Specified Person in accordance with the laws by identifying the due request to do so from Specified Person.
- Handling of Complaints
Foundation would endeavor to handle complaints on a handling of Information on Specified Person appropriately and promptly.
- Establishment of Rules
- Education and Training
< Inquiry Desk of Foundation on Information >
If you have any questions, complaints and requests for consultations on the above procedure or on handling Information, please contact Foundation's Office as follows:
Office of Incorporated Foundation Oriental Life Insurance Cultural Development Center
The Prudential Tower 20F, 2-13-10 Nagata-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-0014 JAPAN
Open from 9:00 to 17:30 on weekday
(Close on Saturday, Sunday and other National Holidays)